
I am now about 7 months pregnant. I should be cherishing every day, as this is (as of right now) my last pregnancy. That would, in my own opinion, be ludicrous, however. I am miserable. My back hurts, my hips hurt, and I have had pregnancy induced nasal congestion for the last 7 months. I also, now, pee any time I cough, sneeze, laugh, hit a bump or do sudden sprints (you can attribute the latter to Mr. Mason). I am a barn with legs. Don't be too sympathetic though. This pregnancy is going awesome, medically. And while it is great to have that peace of mind and not have to be on bed rest this time around, I'll be honest... It was kind of nice to lay in bed all day because the doctor said so. No such luxuries these days. I am tired all day but only half is due to pregnancy. Mason will readily account for the other half. I do have one secret weapon in my corner and that is the best hubby ever. He is so helpful and understanding. Another secret weapon worth mentioning... 'My Girl Friend's Kitchen' which I now frequent. Making dinner without making dinner is a great option these days, since I can't stand in front of the stove for more than 5 minutes without my feet tripling in size, loosing all recognizable shape and turning purple. I find it so amazing that the most "natural thing" a woman can do is so unnaturally torturous. I feel like an alien has taken up residence in my midsection, making himself comfortable by stretching, kicking, pushing into my ribs and making it near impossible to breath at times. He is also doing some crazy tricks to make me gain insane amounts of weight, also for his comfort, I'm sure. Surely I could not be responsible for that one... And I know all too well the removal process for this foreign visitor. I do have an induction date set and that helps take the edge off any labor tensions. On June 26th, Chase will make his appearance into the world! Here's to hoping the next 2 1/2 months fly by.

2 comments:
The phrase 'race to the chase' has a whole new meaning!
really, this miracle of life isnt filling you with warm fuzzies and a natural glow 24/7?? what could possibly be the matter? :) hang in there, megan, you are on the homestretch and im green with envy and nausea that ive got 22 more weeks...
Post a Comment