Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Day Out With Thomas




Let me start by saying that I have always despised Thomas the Train. That said, Mason has moved on to a new obsession... I mean favorite. You guessed it. All things Thomas are the only things he plays with or wants to watch these days. So we are quickly collecting an arsenal of Thomas DVDs, books, and toys. I do draw the line at clothes, however. You will not see Mason in a Thomas shirt as long as I can help it! But seeing the joy on your child's face over powers the gag reflex and we continue to add fuel to the Thomas fire. Last weekend we took him up into the Black Hills to meet Thomas the train. He was so excited. He got to ride on Thomas the train (the 1880 train with a fake Thomas engine in front), play with toy trains, jump in the bounce house and of course... get a new choo choo from the gift shop! He had a great day and it wasn't too bad for us since the weather was nice and watching Mason's reaction was priceless.

No comments: