Sunday, April 19, 2009

He makes a great point.

I have made a goal for myself to have all house cleaning and laundry done on friday... or as close as I can possibly come. That leaves me all weekend to be chore free and feel good about doing nothing but playing with the family. I just can't bring myself to do housework when Josh is home. There are way too many other fun things to do and that list includes doing nothing at all. But last Friday I fell short and left a few pots in the sink. Nothing that would ever worry me, but Josh was gone for a while on Saturday morning, so I sucked it up and washed the pots. On a side note, he was at the vet with Bogey. Basically, we paid $230.00 for them to tell us he had stress induced diarrhea brought on by traveling. Nice. As I was washing the pots Mason walked over and watched for a few seconds before he said, "What you doin'?"
I told him I was washing dishes and right on cue he asked, "Why?"
We were just talking the day before about why Daddy goes to work, so I incorporated that into the discussion. "I have to do my work. Daddy goes to work and makes money and Mommy stays home and takes care of you and washes the dishes."
Mason then replied, "Well, Daddy not go work today."
My son is brilliant.

1 comment:

RauchHaus said...

Isn't it so funny the lessons that we learn from our kids? I think we learn as much from them as they do us!