Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sharing

Like all parents, we are diligently trying to instill morals, manners and a strong sense of right and wrong in our children. Mason doesn't always implement these teachings, but I know we are getting through to his three year old mind. He tells us what is naughty and nice and what makes someone a good boy verses a bad boy all the time. Most of the time he even acts accordingly. He is growing into a very polite little boy, generally. He is also getting smarter and learning how to get around rules and make things work in his favor. Here's our latest example. We took Mason to the store and told him he could pick out one small toy. He scoured the toy isles and decided on a new Lightning Mcqueen. "Bling Bling Mcqueen". If you know him at all, you are not surprised. Then a Lightning Mcqueen ball caught his eye. He was so excited when I told him he could get the ball, then so heart broken when I said he would have to trade Bling Bling Mcqueen for it. He said, "I have a good deal! How 'bout I get two toys?!"
I reminded him that he could only get one and he looked disappointed for a second, then handed the ball to his brother and said, "Here you go Chase. We'll share."
Chase had no objections and was instantly in love with the ball. Needless to say, we walked out of the store with both toys. Chase is old enough now that he should get something too and they have actually been sharing it pretty well... most of the time.

No comments: