Monday, October 1, 2007

New Endeavor!


Please don't groan and say, "Oh crap, what's she gonna try and make me buy?" The answer is nothing. I am selling Gold Canyon Candles now, but I promise that this is all you'll hear about them, unless you are truly interested in them. So, listen to my spiel just this once. Here I go...
I have been using Gold Canyon Candles for nearly as long as they have been in business (10 years) and they are truly the best. I have never met anyone who experienced them and didn't love and swear by them! They are so much more fragrant than other candles and burn longer, but are the same price. When Josh and I first moved away from Phoenix (where they were invented) that was the one comfort of home that I made my Mom pack up and send to me. I have thought about selling them several times ( mostly so I could get the discount, I'll be honest) but never did because I thought I lacked the determination and follow through skills that it would take. I also have a really hard time pressuring people into hosting parties and such. So, why now? What's different? I will tell you. My baby brother (18 is not such a baby) is in his first year of college. He is not close to any family and is having to pay all his own bills ( with a little help from Mom). When he made that decision he had a job waiting for him and a grant for living expenses. When the grant didn't come, he called about it and was told that he wasn't getting it after all. ( I think that should be illegal, to tell someone that they have officially gotten a grant and then take it away for no reason and not even inform them!!!) Then there was that job at Target...they gave it to someone else, as he was transfering from a different store. So, that is Jeff's dilemma...on the other side of the country from your family, no job, no grant and quickly eating through hard earned savings from the previous summer's job. So here's where the candles come in, all the money I earn from the candles will go to him, to help with all those living expenses. And I know it won't be enough, but every little bit helps. So, please check out my web site (there's a link to the left) and if you are local, please consider hosting a party. For the same price you pay in the store, you can actually help someone make it through college. And what better way to help someone than to get something great for yourself. Not to mention, there are some great new fall and winter scents out right now!

3 comments:

katie said...

i shouldnt be suprised that your generosity is only matched by your creativity! what a fantastic and thoughtful idea this is. do you ship to apo? :)

Megan said...

Katie-

I'm mot sure, but I will find out! How's GK these days? We miss you guys...

katie said...

we miss you guys, too. gk is fine, just getting way too grown up. we got her on video tonight filling in the words to the book she has memorized. really funny. hows mason doing...loving his t-ball set up?