Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mean Mommy


Fits and tantrums are nothing new, but with Mason's increasing vocabulary they are becoming more interesting. Yesterday, during one of his tantrums, he whined and cried and screamed at me. I practiced some self control and did not give in or rush him to time out. No, I just ignored him, like the "experts" say, and tried to tune out the soap opera that is Mason. When he felt he was about to be defeated, he came over and tugged at my pant leg. Then, right before he wiped his snotty nose all over my jeans, in a quivering voice he declared, "Mean Mommy." I held the laughter in the best that I could. All I could think was how smart is he to put that together and say it. Above is a pre-Halloween picture of Mason in his cowboy costume. Like the chaps? I made them myself. Yes, I can do wonders with felt and sticky velcro. Just keep the needles and thread away from me. I will post more when I get some of him and Bogey together, who will also be dressed as a cowboy, or dog. Cowdog? yeah, that.

1 comment:

katie said...

so adorable!! i havent been mean mommy yet, but she did inform me and the rest of the bx yesterday that "daddy was working for mooooney!" this was at the top of her lungs. i was embarassed and equally entertained. dont you love this age?? mason is getting so big!!! and if its possible, which i thought not, hes even cuter. such a little boy these days.