Friday, January 18, 2008

4 Months!

I had another appointment with Dr. Bernhard today. It went very well. My blood pressure is still great, the baby's heart rate is perfect and even my tummy is growing right on track. Unfortunately, that is all we found out. While I am far enough along to find out the gender of the baby, Dr. Bernhard (who is still the best Dr. ever) did not do an ultrasound today. So, we will have to wait until February 15th to find out. No problem, that gives me four more weeks to figure it out. Right now, I am guessing that it will be a girl. Not because that is what I'd rather have. I want either one! Here are the facts that are leading me to the pink isle of the store...

1) I was much more sick with this one, which is a sign of a girl because of all the increased estrogen.
2) I am not any hungrier now than before I became pregnant. With Mason, I felt this intense hunger that I'd never felt before or since. Like I wanted to chew my own arm off before I'd skip a meal. This time, eh, not so hungry.
3) I am carrying this baby mostly around my middle. Another sign of a girl. With Mason I was straight out like a basketball. Also, my tummy was bigger at 4 months with him, than it is right now.
4) I still have not felt this one kick. I felt Mason very early. I don't know if that is really a sign, but I think it is because she's not as aggressive as he was or has daintier kicks or something. Dr. Bernhard says it's probably just cause the placenta might be on the tummy side, which makes it harder to feel.
5) Can you say mood swings! I've never been a moody person, not even when I was pregnant with Mason. But now, hold on to your hat, Josh! I get these huge, overwhelming rushes of emotion. Unlike anything I've ever had before. And if you're in the storm's path, you have my pity and sincerest apologies.

So, there it is. Feel free to put your guesses in and we'll see who was right next month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,
It was great to chat with you today! It's been too long. Keep your chin up with Mason. Most two year olds try to "find" themselves now that they can make words and walk/run.
Here's to a healthy baby. My moneys on another boy...............
Tandi

sweet p. said...

Although the Caribbean witch in me says that it's a girl because boys tend to stick out more... from what I've read, the high testosterone levels in the body (from baby being a boy) are the ones that make you sick, not the other way around.

Glad to hear that Dr. Bernhard is still keeping it real. She, by the way, has the two cutest daughters. One of them even came in to see the baby the morning after I delivered.