Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Daddy Doo For Everyone!


Today Mason was eating some assorted melon with his lunch. We don't have melon very often because I'm allergic to it and I just don't think to buy it. Needless to say, this was a treat. Mason first pointed to the red chunks. I told him it was called watermelon and he attempted to say it. Not very well, I might add. Then on to the cantaloupe. Same thing, a botched attempt at the word. Lastly, was honeydew. "Huh doooo?" he asked.
That was the closest one. I smiled and said yes, just as I had done with the other two.
Then the light bulb moment came. Mason's eyes got huge and he exclaimed, "Ooohhh! Daddy! Daddy Doooo!"
"No, Daddy's at work," I said.
"No, Daddy Dooo!" he insisted, pointing at the green squares.
Then I had my own light bulb moment. Mason doesn't know what honey is, just that I call Josh "Honey" all the time. So, there you have it. Daddy Doo!

1 comment:

katie said...

thats so cute, megan! gk wont eat melon of any kind, so im thoroughly impressed. the boys are darling...chase looks like his own person, but definitely resembles his big brother. miss you guys!