Have you ever had one of those days? The kind where you just want to scream and throw yourself off of a cliff to stop the insanity? This is where I found myself today. It all started when the boys (my alarm clock) slept in, getting our morning off to a late start. Don't get me wrong, I usually cherish sleeping in. But today is Tuesday and there is no sleeping in on Tuesday. I rushed around the house trying to get myself and two babies fed, dressed and ready to run out the door. Let the stress begin. Chase, of course, took forever to eat and kept falling asleep through out his feeding, adding even more to our delay. And then it was time for the daily hunt for Mason's shoes and the frantic packing of the diaper bag. Finally we were out the door. We arrived at gymnastics to find that our coach was on vacation and Mason had a sub. As the fear shot through me, I realized it was even worse. I'll explain why... Mason hates change. It took about 4 weeks for him to warm up to his coach, who he now loves. And since he is extremely shy, new people are never welcome in his world. He took one look at Miss Erin's replacement and hid under the bleachers. Great start. Then I realized that today was the olympics. Mason's class was acting out their own olympics. So, not only was class completely different, there was a stranger and she was talking to him... the horror! He immediately went into turbo brat mode, as he always does when he is uncomfortable. Despite my best efforts to be a loving and understanding mother, I was stressing and getting increasingly pissed off. After several time outs and motivational talks, I gave up. It didn't help that the other mothers were saying things like, "don't give in." I'm quite sure that only escalated my less than stellar mood. When I had had enough, I rushed him out of the building. He was screaming and thrashing as I pulled him down the stairs. Keep in mind that I had Chase through all of this, who was getting increasingly annoyed that his big brother kept interrupting his nap. So, I finally got to the car and Monster Mason got a much deserved smack on the butt.
As I was loading him up, one of the other coaches approached me and said, "I don't want to tell you how to parent, but he really is fine. They act like that all the time."
As if I wasn't already embarrassed enough. I explained that I wasn't upset that he didn't participate in class. I was upset about the screaming, fit throwing and not listening to me. Trust me when I say that his behavior was in no way fine! Then it was time to stop at LA Weight loss for a weigh in. The good news is that I am down 3 pounds in 3 days! The bad news is Mason was still being difficult and annoying. After we left, I had just enough time to get home, feed Chase, attempt to feed Mason and change two poopy butts. Then it was off to the OB doctor. Thankfully, my friend, Ashley was able to watch Mason for that appointment. Otherwise, I don't think I would still be coherent right now. As I rushed Mason to Ashley's, it was hailing and thundering and I got soaked and pelted with little icy bullets. Then I had to go to my appointment and girls, we all know how fun those are. Now I am home and my blood pressure is beginning to return to normal. Although, I am still extremely on edge and every little thing is driving me crazy. Only an hour and a half until Daddy gets home. Not that I'm counting...

No comments:
Post a Comment