
The last book I ordered is "A Paper Hug" by Stephanie Skolmoski. Well, this book is definitely not my favorite. In fact, I wouldn't even recommend it. The very first line of the book is "Daddy's gone to war." I didn't read that to Mason because I don't want him to know about war at three years old. The dad in the story is gone for a year, so I changed that part. All the book really talks about is getting a care package together for his dad. The boy traces his hands and cuts them out. Then he takes a piece of yarn as wide as his arm span and connects the hands. He sends it to his Dad with a cute poem written on the hands. It's a cute idea, but it's kind of lacking as a book. I would recommend buying the other books before this one. It wasn't anything special.

No comments:
Post a Comment