Monday, August 10, 2009

Nuts

I have mentioned before that, as parents, we always need to do a better job of watching what we say. It's easy to not say bad words, but it's the day-to-day phrases that get us. Things that sound fine coming out of our mouths, but awful coming out of a three year old's mouth. We have failed yet again... Our boys are rambunctious. They love to wrestle and play rough. Even when they cuddle, they will flop on you or climb up you to find the perfect spot. I usually experience the 'you just ruptured my spleen' kind of pain but Daddy gets it a little worse which has, at times, caused him to yell, "AAhhh, he got me in the nuts!" Right. Nothing wrong with that... he could have said much worse... that's very G-rated...
While Mason and Chase were playing, Chase bonked Mason in the head. Mason rubbed the bump on his head and said, "Ouch! Chase, you got me in the nuts!"
I asked him to repeat it, just to make sure that was what he said. It was. Then I asked him, "Mason, what does it mean when someone gets you in the nuts?"
"It's when they hurt you. If somebody hurts you, then they get you in the nuts," he said.
...perfect.

2 comments:

TR2 said...

I am laughing out loud!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!!