Friday, September 4, 2009

Is this even funny???


I'm not sure if this is funny or just plain frustrating. Josh votes this as the funniest thing he's heard in a long time and laughed so hard he could barely breath as the tears streamed down his cheeks. I was and am less than amused. It all started when Josh returned home from his two weeks of training. Mason knows he'll be leaving again soon and for a much longer time this time and he is clearly having trouble accepting this. I would absolutely rather have a child who acts out or cries when they miss their dad than what I am dealing with... Mason, who is completely potty trained, all of a sudden cannot stop pooping his pants. Not enough to really be considered pooping his pants but enough to make a mess. Seriously, I am about to pull my hair out! Ready for the funny part? Yesterday I was at the commissary with both boys. They were riding side by side in a basket that had a rocket thing on top with two steering wheels. These baskets are awesome by the way. So, as I was just finishing up our shopping, Mason started making the face and I immediately knew what he was doing. Then the smell verified my suspicion. I could feel the anger and frustration set in. I was sick of dealing with this and was not about to abandon my shopping trip, which was almost completed. I told him to sit still and not to do anymore. I just had to make it through the check out line and to the car. As long as he sat still there was no smell and I actually forgot about it as I waited in line. There was an older man stocking boxes of water bottles along the side of the line and we were right behind him when Mason saw something that caught his eye. Mason pointed and started bouncing up and down excitedly, which wafted the smell of death right into my face. As I began to tell him to sit still, I saw the man who had been stocking stop what he was doing. Then he began waving his arms frantically and gaging uncontrollably. He looked right at me and made a final disgusted grunt before running away. Thankfully, the breeze must have been blowing in his direction since no one else seemed to notice why he was spazzing. I made it through the check out line and to the car with no other problems, except being completely embarrassed. At least I had Chase, an actual baby, with me. You know, one that is still young enough to be in diapers. So, is that funny?

3 comments:

If you cant see the bright side of life...polish the dull side said...

its funny if it doenst actually happen to you. however, I can completely relate, since the new baby came and we moved I have had similar problems with Blythe. Luckily however she didnt do it in public and it has gotten better. Hopefully Mason gets over it quickly.

Megan said...

Thanks Shaunti! It always helps to know I'm not the only one :)

TR2 said...

At least u had Chase to blame it on!!!!