Happy November! I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since my last post! I apologize and promise to be better about updating the blog. In my defense, however, things have been crazy! Josh was away for a few weeks of training while I was holding down the fort in California (6 weeks to be exact). Then we made our way out to North Carolina. I flew with my mom and the boys, while Josh drove the van with Bogey. Lesson learned: don't judge the mother of the baby that screams for two hours straight on your flight. It happens, despite her best efforts and endless supply of toys, snacks, juice, meds, pacis and blankies. Sometimes nothing works... trust me. So, we are here, at my mom's, now and settling in quickly. The boys have a cool Lightning McQueen room and all the toys we could fit in the van. They're adjusting very well and seem happy despite Daddy's absence. I think it helps that they have so many people here to fill the gap and I think they got use to him coming and going, as he did it so much in the last few weeks. Mason starts Preschool on Tuesday (can you believe it?!). He is so excited, it's all he talks about. I just need to find a couple more activities for him and get us on a little more of a schedule and we'll be set.
Josh made it to his base in Afghanistan but we only spoke for a minute and he didn't give me any details. I'll let you know anything I find out though. I'm sure he would love to hear from you all, especially with the holidays right around the corner, so I'll post his address. Below is a picture of his last night with the boys before he left.
Josh's address:
Joshua Bekkedahl
PRG 6-1-2T
APO AE 09355
2 comments:
we will be sure to write and say hi...send him a Christmas card!!!
Good luck to you and the family...in the same boat, but we are now on the downhill slope. We spent 2 months in NC back in the summer and it really did help with everything! Hang in there and praying for a quick, safe return!
Post a Comment