Monday, July 16, 2007

Fun in the Sun


Mason's Daddy is an intelligence officer and specializes in collecting information and being generally knowledgeable. However, Mason's Mommy is a little slow on the uptake. For instance, there is an awesome playgroup here, in our neighborhood, that meets on Wednesday mornings. I knew nothing of this group until a few weeks ago. To my surprise, every other mom in our neighborhood knows of this playgroup and stops in from time to time with their little ones. Not to mention, all of my neighbors are regulars to these Wednesday morning meetings. When Mason and I heard about the group from our neighbor, we decided to go and were glad we did. The group also tries to plan an outing on Mondays. Last Monday we decided to pack up the coolers and head up into the hills for a picnic at Sheridan Lake. Not only have I never been there, I didn't even know this little beach area existed! How could I live here for two years and never go to this beautiful lake? Or hear anything about it, for that matter? It was such a fun day and well worth the 30 minute drive through the gorgeous Black Hills to get there. Mason was in the water the whole time. And I was running behind him, shoving bits of a ham sandwich in his mouth because he wouldn't even stop playing to have lunch. The weather was perfect and sunny with a cool mountain breeze. And I'm happy to report that no one returned with a sunburn. It was a wonderful day trip that we will be sure to repeat again once Daddy is home. Which will be a week from Friday and brings our countdown to only 8 days left!!! I don't think I've ever been this excited about anything before. Him coming home, that is...not the lake...although that was cool too...


1 comment:

katie said...

holy moses!! you look amazing, meg! josh is going to flip for so many reasons not to mention his hottie patottie wife. so happy to know his arrival and your subsequent long awaited, much anticipated reunion are right around the corner. :) youve done awesome.