I have so many thoughts running rapidly through my head right now, but as I try to organize them and put them down on paper, I am at a loss. How do you describe something that there are no right words for? This is my dilemma today, but I will do my best to give you a little glimpse into the chaos that is me right now.
Josh will be home in 2 days and a wake up, as he would phrase it. And I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. How would you feel if I told you John Travolta was coming to stay with you for a week and would be on your doorstep in only 2 days. You would probably be excited, nervous, anxious and a little sick to your stomach, not to mention the huge to-do list that would be forming in your head. And I guess to sum it up, that's about how I feel right now. Like someone amazing is coming and everything should be perfect. Like I should be perfect. And as thrilled as I am to see him, I am also nervous and scared of going to meet him as his plane lands. I am actually dreading the public reunion in which I know I will be sporting the ugly cry with all cameras pointed in my direction. I don't want to go.
I am so excited to see my other half. (I don't like the term better half. Josh rocks, but so do I.) But I have to wonder, what will it be like? Will we pick up right where we left off without missing a beat, or will it be awkward for a while as we adjust to each other again; as he molds himself back into our life that he has been absent from for so long? This is all new to us and I have no idea what to expect. We have heard countless stories about what a struggle it is when the guys first come home and how a lot of couples argue over everything. I just want him to be back and this whole thing to be behind us with as little turbulence as possible.
When I was in college, there was an Air Force wife (of a deployed officer) that was a member of my work-study. I can remember how nervous she was when her husband came home. She asked me to go to the mall with her and help her pick out something to wear, which I gladly did. And I remember thinking, what's the big deal? It's just your husband. How can you be nervous about seeing someone you're married to?
Thank the good Lord that I never said that to her! I am now that jittery, expectant wife and if those words were said to me, I would loudly yell, "Shut it! You don't know!"
So in a nutshell, that is me right now: excited, nervous, anxious and a little sick to my stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dear friend,
He too most likely is anxious, nervous, excited,etc... For us, when he got home after being gone we'd just sit and absorb what's going on. No expectations, just relaxing in each others presence. Just do what feels natural to you.
We're so thrilled to know that you'll be a threesome once again so soon!
John Travolta???
In response to "John Travolta???"...
I just needed to mention a celeb name and had just watched Oprah with the cast if Hairspray. It seemed like the obvious choice at the time. No wierd John Travolta crushes or anything.
Post a Comment